Friday, August 28, 2009

Thank you.

This morning, I was $27 shy of raising my minimum fundraising goal of $1800 for the ING Miami Marathon.

As of tonight, I'm at 100%.

I reached this goal through the support of parents, family, friends and coworkers--and strangers or people I knew only through the Internet. People who heard about my quest to raise money for the Leukemia & Lymphoma Society in honor of Leah Ahladeff, the two year-old leukemia patient who went to preschool with daughter.

I'd like to say getting involved with LLS and Team and Training has made me a better person. I'm not sure if that's true, but it's certainly made me more conscious of my blessings. And one of these great blessings is learning how generous people really are.

It's pretty remarkable.

Anyway, thanks for giving, thanks for forwarding on the link to my blog to other people who gave, and thanks for reading my story.

(By the way, the $1,800 was just my MINIMUM so if you'd still like to contribute, please, feel free!)

2 comments: