Tuesday, September 8, 2009
In case you didn't notice...
Before you declare me crazy, delusional or just plain stupid, let me offer the following explanations:
1. Runners have been telling me for months, "If you can run 10 miles, you can run a marathon." Well, I can run 10 miles.
2. The people I pace with at my Team in Training meetings are all training for the full marathon. It would be fun to complete the race with them.
3. If I can't complete all 26.2 miles--even if I can't complete 13.1--it's not like the Marathon Police would throw me in jail. There's no negative consequence awaiting people who don't run the full thing. In fact, plenty of people walk/run it, and I think that is a terrific accomplishment.
4. I've decided that I don't look miserable enough in my current race photos (see my Run for Row 5k glamour shot above) and figure that after a 4+ hour run, I'll finally perfect the "miserable grimace nausea" look.
5. Miserable looks aside, I simply love to run.
In addition to increasing my mileage goal, I've increased my fundraising goal. To read about WHY I'm running and WHO I am running for, please visit my fundraising page by clicking here.